From Hannover, Germany
Duesenberg instruments combine the guitar-design and character of the golden-era of the 50’s and 60’s with modern attributes. They provide superb playability and functionality combined with a sound that is somewhat familiar but distinct enough to stand out of the crowd of copies and mass fabricated products.
- American Hard-rock maple neck – for a solid and powerful sound with excellent trebles. 49er, 52er, D-Caster and Dragster models have a mahogany neck
- Dual-Action truss rod
- Rosewood fretboard w. jumbo frets for contemporary playability
- Fretboard radius of 12”
- Nickel-plated metal pieces – for the classic look
- Open, nickel-plated German silver pickup caps – for perfect shielding and unmuddled trebles.
- Clever circuitry with volume/treble compensation for pearly and open combi-sound.
- Heavy-Duty pots from Japan – the best in the world.
- Heavy-Duty jack with platinum coated contacts – no more contact issues!
- Machined with the PLEK-System - for perfect frets and intonation with the saddle
- 647mm scale length – for an assertive, transparent sound.
- Alnico pickups – for the much needed warm and classic tone
- Heavy-Duty 3-Blade switch, made in the USA – the best
- 770mm scale length – for relaxed playability
- Only exception: The D-Bass with a scale length of 864mm – for classic bass sounds
- 9mm String spacing on the saddle – the way it should be!
Hidden behind the pretty facade there are numerous technical innovations, which are sometimes only discovered at second sight. The Z-Tuners allow easy and comfortable restringing. The tilt of the pickups can be adjusted by a third screw in the pickup ring, so that the surface of the pickup can be aligned with the strings. And the Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola, which is one of the best systems available on the market today.
Single coil sound without hum - generations of engineers have tried in vain to solve this problem. We did it, with our 'PH90 SingleTwin' pickup. And another detail that musicians all over the world love is the straight-forward usability of the Duesenberg instruments. It is the simple but unique pickup wiring - easy to use but offering a wide range of sounds.
There are still countless ideas and concepts in Dieter Gölsdorf's drawer that are waiting to be made. Stay 'tuned'!